Monday, June 3, 2013

DAY 42

DAY 42
(June 4)
Episode 7

I was up very late last night just hanging out and talking with CJ.  We had a great conversation about philosophy, religion, random intellectual stuff, inter-family dynamics, etc.  I felt like I got to know him quite a bit better.  He isn't the easiest guy to get to know, he doesn't show all his cards right from the beginning, he is a great guy when you get to know him though.

I am the first one up at 0730, I finally drew Ansuz...I have been hoping to draw that.  It is Odin's rune, and we are living on Odin street, but aside from that it's just nice to see this rune, it gives me comfort.
(Odins Street)
 

This morning we are filming some "reality", that will include lots of long interviews and plenty of tedium, but I am not complaining.  We also found out we will be here until Thursday.

An unexpected thing happened!  After the interviews, as a reward for winning they took us, the red team to Holmenkollen (sure hope I spelled that right).   It is the biggest attraction in Oslo and one of the biggest ski jumps in the world.  It was very, very cool.  From the top the view is absolutely breathtaking, you can see for miles.  You can see how close agriculture is to the city, and see different parts of the city.  We had a real nice time there
Todd and Jonathan with the Holmenkollen troll
 
View from the top
 
That thing down there is a giant rock troll!
 
 
Tonight we are going to an Italian place for dinner, then that's about it for today.  Tomorrow will be very interesting, we have the Individual competition.  No Idea what it's going to be of course.
 
Here are a few more pictures from this episode:
 
This is Anna...She is my Swedish friend.
 
This is my headless, rock friend.
 
Looking over the city of Oslo at night.
 
When Norwegian seagulls pee, they don't mess around!


No comments:

Post a Comment