Thursday, June 13, 2013

DAY 45 - A day off

Day 45
(June 7)
Day off

Today is Thorsday, and we have a welcome day off.  This morning I drew Ehwaz, the horse...again.  Last time it was quite prophetic, I will make sure and pay attention to things today.

I woke up about 0800, I am the only one up...it was quite a night last night.  I volunteered to make omelets for everyone today, since I make the best omelets in the world and all.  There is polse and bacon, and cheese, and onions in the fridge, I should be able to do something with that.

Last night Esben (from Onkle Amerika) told me he would love it if I came to his house and met his kids and hung out for awhile.  I told him he would have to ask mama Brita, we can't do anything without her permission.  He went and talked to her and she told him there wasn't enough time, but maybe after the next episode, if I am still here...which I will be.

The omelette's turned out amazing as I suspected and everybody seemed to love them, except Amy, who isn't feeling well today.  I hope she feels better soon, shame to waste a day off not feeling good...we are in Norway after all.

Today I walked around with Todd and Jessica and Jonathan.  We took a boat out onto Oslo Fjord and it took us to the maritime museum.  I really wanted to go to the Viking ship museum, but they out voted me.  The maritime museum was really very cool though.  I think my favorite part was they had a dugout canoe, made from a huge tree ( I think oak) and it was 2,000 years old!!!  It is amazing to look at a piece of wood that old, much less a canoe, you could see the tool marks in the wood, made by people who lived 2,000 years ago, in Norway...amazing.

(A figurehead from an old Norwegian boat, at the maritime Museum.)
 

(I fit in quite nicely with famous Norwegian explorers)
 
(This is that Awesome 2,000 year old canoe, it's in a glass case.)



Tomorrow we have an early day; waking up at 0700.  That will make it a long day also, at least 12 hours, maybe more.  All we know is that we are going 90 minutes away, and we will have to wear some kind of "outfits".  Who knows...I gave up trying to guess these things a long time ago, it's impossible, I'll just wait and see what happens.  Doesn't really matter anyway, whatever it is I will still be in Norway and I have Freya on my side, and Thor as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment