Sunday, June 9, 2013

DAY 44 - PRESS DAY

DAY 44
(June 6)
Press day

I drew Uruz this morning, The Auroch.  !st time I think since being here in Norway.  I love this rune, it speaks to me of wild untamable strength and vitality, health and virility.  Instinctive power.

So, Amy and I are the poster children for Alt for Norge, like I have said before; probably because she is black and I am...unusual.  I understand they want to use the most visually distinctive people, and I don't mind at all, it should be very interesting.

We went to the TV Norge main office in Oslo.  There were the cast, producers and directors there for all the shows coming out in the fall, Alt for Norge being one of them.  It was sort of surreal and rather fairy tale like, walking around knowing we were one of the "special people".  Oh, they also had fantastic snacks!!  A whole table full, and I wasn't shy about getting to know it.
 
(Amy and Me Posing at TV Norge)

They had made a little movie, a montage of all the different shows.  For our show they showed some pieces of the home town clips.  It caught me off-guard; when I saw my dad on the screen I kind of lost it...I just started crying.  I didn't realize how much I missed him and everyone back home until I saw that clip.  Tonight we will come back with our other contestants for kind of a press party, it should be fun.

Wow...Fun it was!!  We sort of did the same thing as this morning only on a much larger scale.  There were probably 500 - 600 people there in the big room.  Amy and I had to wait back stage and come out when they called us, sit down in front of all those people and speak with the guys on the stage, they were two comedian type guys, very nice people, and funny too.

When we were done we went and found a place to sit in the audience until that part was over.  I sit down, and I get a tap on my shoulder...I turn around and its Tom and Esben from the Dansk og Fingeren show, Onkle America!!  I had met them the year before when they came and did a show with the kindred where I live.  It was great to see those guys.

After that it got really bizarre.  Everybody in the whole place knew who I was!  All these strangers coming up, saying hi, wanting their pictures taken with me, wishing me well...weird.  But very cool.

I met some really interesting people; there was Kriss Kaspersen, the host of a traveling nature show.  He and I hit it off really well, super great guy and I really respect the work he does, he promotes conservation in his show.  He talked about maybe doing something with me in the future on his show, or coming to America...could have been the open bar talking though.
 
(Getting ready for the party on the roof, this is one of our producers, Steinar...great guy.)
 

 
(One of the open bar stations...up on the roof.)
 
 
(View from the top, over Oslo.)
 
(It was a great night, I'll never forget it.)
 

As per usual, some of my American friends got a little tipsy...some more than others, but I won't go into details here.  Everybody was having a fantastic time.

It was a surreal, magical, fantastic evening.  It made us all feel special somehow, it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment